Those blurry first days with a newborn may feel like an eternity, but in no time at all you'll be chasing after a rambunctious toddler...ask me how I know! With my oldest on the cusp of adulthood, I can assure you that the old saying is wise and true: "The days are long but the years are short." While I can't make the days go by faster or the years slow down, I CAN offer you tangible, touchable artwork that freezes this fleeting stage in your child's life.
But I don't have to convince you about that--you've either already booked your session or planning to, right? So let's talk about how you can prepare!
1. Try to keep your baby awake for 1-2 hours prior to our session. I know this is hard, but do your best - this will help ensure a very sleepy baby for our session.
2. While bringing props and/or clothing for your newborn is unnecessary, if you have one sentimental item that you would like included in your images, bring that along too! Just be sure to let us know ahead of time so we can incorporate it into our sets.
3. Consider dressing baby in a diaper only, covered with a blanket to stay warm. This allows us to ease right into the session without disturbing your baby.
4. If possible, plan to feed your baby when you arrive at the studio. Even if it is not a regular feeding time offer them a feeding. A full, sleepy baby is always best.
5. A full newborn session can last anywhere between 2-4 hours, depending on baby's temperament and number of sets. Please make sure to plan your day with plenty of time to accommodate. The studio is stocked with snacks and drinks, but feel free to bring your own if we go into the lunch hour.